Thursday, September 20, 2012

Looking Ahead...

At first I had not really looked in to living in Summit, all I knew was that I wanted to live in an on-campus apartment.  My friend, Kayla, came to me and asked if I wanted to be roommates with her for our Sophomore year.  I said "sure" and I began looking at College Park and Jefferson Park.  Then one day Kayla came to me and said that she, along with Cathy and Caitlin, were going to be living in Summit.  I then proceeded to look into what Summit was about.  At first I was like "community service?  I've got this, since I help out at my church and other places."  When I found out that the service had to be a group effort, I was lost for ideas.  When Kayla told me about C.A.R.E and what we would be doing, I was all for it--since I'm an animal lover.

Some experiences I hope to gain, are bonds with the animals--as well as the other volunteers and workers at C.A.R.E.  I hope to see the good in animals shelters as well as the adoption opportunities offered to the public.  I have always been an animal lover and it is hard for me to watch an animal suffer and not be loved.  I have often viewed animal shelters like the ones "stereo-typically" shown on TV, as well as how they are perceived by the public.  By working with C.A.R.E, I hope to gain a better understanding on how shelters really work.

I have not began at the site yet, but I am starting on September 22nd, cause my schedule was busy;   knowing my personality, I believe that I will be able to adapt to whatever is going to be necessary.


---Deidre

No comments:

Post a Comment