Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Misheard or Misinterpreted


There comes a time where communication is key or else conflict will arise.  I learned in class that everyone handles conflict, and even communicates, differently.

I believe having the conflicts/communications lesson in the second month of school was a great place to set the lesson because we would have lived with each other for half of a semester, so for some, conflict and communication problems probably have arisen between some people.

An interesting thing I learned, but sort of already knew, was that I am a Compromising Fox.  This means I have a "meet me halfway" or "you bend, I bend" mentality.  Even though I'm a Fox, I'm also a Collaborating Owl, Avoiding Turtle and Accommodating Teddy Bear.  These also all make sense as well, cause I can see different situations where I one of these personality animals come out.  For example: the Avoiding Turtle comes out when I have a problem and I don't want to talk about it a that particular time and place.  This example actually happened recently with me.

In my personal opinion, my greatest communication strength would be the ability to come up with a compromise.  I may not have all the details in place, but negotiating is a strong point.  My greatest communication weakness would be the fact that I don't open up about what's truly bothering me, I just let it continue until I break.

I believe I have communicated with my team fairly well, but I will continue to do what I have been doing this whole time.  I will continue to tell my team of situations that arise in life and with the project.  Also, to become a better leader, I will attempt to help in the resolution of a conflict that may occur.


Deidre R. Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment